LANAP Laser Technology
Gum Disease Treatment in Sunnyvale CA
Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – an infection below the gum line. Gum disease is linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pre-term babies – but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Traditional gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth.
The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment for gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing with the LANAP protocol. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure, compared to traditional periodontal surgery. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably, without fear. Generally, the LANAP protocol is less invasive than traditional surgery and helps maintain a beautiful smile line
Because of the gentle nature of the procedure, patients typically see immediate results with less bleeding when brushing and less bad breath. Of course, your gums need time to recover and heal, but after LANAP® treatment, you can drive your car, go back to work, or do anything else you like.
- Faster Healing– LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort– Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time– Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession– Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding– The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth– Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Call our practice if you have any questions! Sunnyvale Office Phone Number 408-743-5055